bracelets
well, i finally used my bracelet to help me keep on track during my meditation [my sister has given me two]
i did the standard breathing in - i know i am breathing in - breathing out - i know i am breathing out
along with flower / fresh, mountain / solid, water / reflecting, space / free
it kept me focused
i took this from the invisible cat's site:
While collecting Bodhi seeds to construct a new Mala, a student goes to his master and asks:
"Teacher how many beads will make a perfect Mala?"
"Every single one," replied the Sensei, "And not one less or more."
today, i am thankful for:
i did the standard breathing in - i know i am breathing in - breathing out - i know i am breathing out
along with flower / fresh, mountain / solid, water / reflecting, space / free
it kept me focused
i took this from the invisible cat's site:While collecting Bodhi seeds to construct a new Mala, a student goes to his master and asks:
"Teacher how many beads will make a perfect Mala?"
"Every single one," replied the Sensei, "And not one less or more."
today, i am thankful for:
- my bracelets
- being able to count :)
- the blue jays that grew up in our back forest this summer
- the beautiful summer it has been - the best ever in my memory

6 Comments:
that's a funny coincidence you should post about malas. i'be been thinking of getting one. for use during meditation, and also to wear as a reminder of the path i'm on. i clicked onto your site and there was a lovely picture of a mala wrist bracelet!
deepak might call that...spiritual serendipity :)
Haiku, Marlaine, I don't use malas often, although I have some, and many folks in Sangha have them. I do make dharma bead strings for my friends, and will be making some for the new Oregon ordinees into the Order of Interbeing. I had posted pictures in my blog, but I think those are long gone. I will try to post them again. If you are interested I can tell you how I made them, the significance, etc.
Marlaine, thanks for the story, pretty neat!
Thanks,
N
nacho,
if you wouldn't mind, i would be interested in learning about dharma beads. they sound cool. and i like the idea of making something myself.
thanks,
kim
yes, please, nacho!
i'd like to make one for my sister, that would be nice :)
hi john - nice to see you :)
the story is sweet...and comforting to me as well...i always think i'm 'not enough'...when indeed, i really may well be :)
Post a Comment
<< Home